[Dirvish] Confusion about excluding and including

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Fri Apr 19 06:55:54 UTC 2019

On Thu 18 Apr 2019, Vortex wrote:
> On 18.04.19 08:25, Paul Slootman wrote:
> > On Thu 18 Apr 2019, Vortex wrote:
> >>
> >> But I want to include /media for one particular backup, so I added
> >> this to its dirvish/dirvish.conf:
> >>
> >> exclude:
> >> + /media
> >> + /media/*
> >
> > The values for the exclude list need to be indented.

> Thanks for your answer. Do you mean like this?
>
> exclude:
>     + /media
>     + /media/*

Yes

> That didn't change anything. /media ist still being excluded.

OK...
In the summary file there are lines showing what exclude rules are
actually used, as well as the rsync command line itself (beginning with
"ACTION:"). Could you show those lines? That can help explain how the
exclude rules are combined.

> P.S.: Here is my full current dirvish.conf. I just anonymized it.
>
> client: user at host
> rsh: ssh -vi '/home/user/.ssh/key'

I would remove the -v from the ssh invocation, it serves no purpose
here.

Paul