[Dirvish] Confusion about excluding and including

Vortex vortex at versanet.de
Thu Apr 18 17:38:24 UTC 2019

On 18.04.19 08:25, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Thu 18 Apr 2019, Vortex wrote:
>>
>> But I want to include /media for one particular backup, so I added
>> this to its dirvish/dirvish.conf:
>>
>> exclude:
>> + /media
>> + /media/*
>
> The values for the exclude list need to be indented.

Thanks for your answer. Do you mean like this?

exclude:
    + /media
    + /media/*

That didn't change anything. /media ist still being excluded.

Just to rule that out: xdev has nothing to do with my problem. It is set
to 0 and /media is being backuped if I remove its exclusion in the
master.conf.

My system is Kubuntu 18.04.

Cheers

Vortex

P.S.: Here is my full current dirvish.conf. I just anonymized it.

client: user at host
rsh: ssh -vi '/home/user/.ssh/key'
tree: /
image-default: filename-%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M