[Dirvish] Changed mount point & dirvish cannot open .conf

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 27 16:42:25 UTC 2017

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017, H Oli wrote:

> ... but what about with writing data from desktop to that drive? (your
> problem somewhere is special, because there were never problem to
> write a drive as root, the mount point is irrelevant - except for nfs
> mounts, wich is a more a bit tricky)

Olivér,

   The script is owned by root and run by root's crontab. It's been happily
writing backups of the desktop since I started using it. The one change in
mount points I missed was that in /etc/dirvish/master.conf. As soon as that
was adjusted from the former mount point to the new one everything worked
flawlessly again.

Rich