[Dirvish] Changed mount point & dirvish cannot open .conf

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Tue Nov 21 22:43:44 UTC 2017

On 22/11/17 05:40, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    Yesterday I moved the backup hard drive's mount point from /media/hd0 to
> /mnt/backup by modifying /etc/fstab and the dirvish-backup.sh script. This
> morning there're no backups because:
>
> # ./dirvish-backup.sh
> cannot open config file: default.conf
> cannot open config file: default.conf
> cannot open config file: default.conf
> cannot open config file: default.conf
> cannot open config file: default.conf
> cannot open config file: default.conf
>
>    There are 6 directories and each has a dirvish/ subdirectory with a
> default.conf file (perms are 422).
>
>    The drive's entry in /etc/fstab is
> UUID=da596a77-2fb4-41ed-881c-a3f8bb0ab437 /mnt/backup  auto defaults  0 0
> The only change is the mount point

I don't have a dirvish-backup.sh script, so I don't know what's in it.

Also my dirvish is from the debian package, so may not be quite the same
as a default install.

My master config is in /etc/dirvish/master.conf, and that contains these
two lines at the top:

bank:
 /var/dirvish/current

That is what specifies where my vaults are - did you change that?

Cheers,
Richard