[Dirvish] Changed mount point & dirvish cannot open .conf

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 21 16:40:00 UTC 2017

   Yesterday I moved the backup hard drive's mount point from /media/hd0 to
/mnt/backup by modifying /etc/fstab and the dirvish-backup.sh script. This
morning there're no backups because:

# ./dirvish-backup.sh
cannot open config file: default.conf
cannot open config file: default.conf
cannot open config file: default.conf
cannot open config file: default.conf
cannot open config file: default.conf
cannot open config file: default.conf

   There are 6 directories and each has a dirvish/ subdirectory with a
default.conf file (perms are 422).

   The drive's entry in /etc/fstab is
UUID=da596a77-2fb4-41ed-881c-a3f8bb0ab437 /mnt/backup  auto defaults  0 0
The only change is the mount point

   I don't know how to resolve this because I don't understand how moving the
external drive's mount point would prevent the default.conf file from
opening. The solution is probably simple but I don't see it and need your
expertise to fix the issue.

Rich