[Dirvish] Utility (WWW page) to display vaults and status.

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Fri Jul 28 06:57:50 UTC 2017

On Fri 28 Jul 2017, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Scott Walker <scott.walker at framestore.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a addon util that can easily show status.
>
> At the risk of stating the obvious, we've found it simplest to just have a trivial
> python script[0] called via NRPE that checks the status of the last backup of each
> vault in master.conf (et al.), emitting a critical alert to the nearest icinga/
> nagios server if any were unsuccessful.

You should also check the age of the last backup, to protect against
things like cron dying (I've seen it happen), the config being messed up
so that backups aren't made anymore, etc.

> Other than that, and periodic restoration checks, they're left to their own
> devices.

I'm lazy and ignore my own advice, and rely on email being sent if
there's some problem with the dirvish-runall execution.
Using NRPE is a good idea, I might do that.

Paul