[Dirvish] Utility (WWW page) to display vaults and status.

Scott Walker scott.walker at framestore.com
Thu Jul 27 16:03:22 UTC 2017

The one I found so far that is pretty nice is.

https://github.com/pablo-ruth/dirvish-web-interface

Seems to work well (much better than the hacked together one we had).

On 27 July 2017 at 03:34, Paul Slootman <paul at debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed 26 Jul 2017, Scott Walker wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a addon util that can easily show status.
> >
> > Internally we've been passing around a php webpage that "kind of" works.
> It
> > has some issues, but I'm wondering if there is something in the wild that
> > does this and is maybe more maintained.
> >
> > Our Web pages shows you all the vaults and marks them ok or bad based on
> > comparing the date vs the latest folder in the vault. It's VERY hacky.
>
> I don't know of any such addon.
>
> I use
> image-temp: latest
> in the master.conf so that the latest image directory is always called
> "latest", which makes it very easy to check. (That gets renamed to the
> normal naming scheme when a new image is made.)
>
> Your webpage should look into the summary file of the latest image, and
> see if the Status is "success". The date is also conveniently written
> into the summary file so you can check whether it's recent enough.
>

> Paul

[image: Framestore]

Scott Walker · Senior Systems Administrator

London · New York · Los Angeles · Montréal
T  +1 514 277 0004 ext. 40905
5455 Av. de Gaspé, Suite 900, Montréal QC H2T 3B3
<https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/5455+Av.+de+Gasp%C3%A9,+Suite+900,+Montr%C3%A9al+QC+H2T+3B3>
Twitter <https://twitter.com/framestore> · Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/framestore> · framestore.com
<http://www.framestore.com>