[Dirvish] Utility (WWW page) to display vaults and status.

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Thu Jul 27 07:34:31 UTC 2017

On Wed 26 Jul 2017, Scott Walker wrote:

> Does anyone know of a addon util that can easily show status.
>
> Internally we've been passing around a php webpage that "kind of" works. It
> has some issues, but I'm wondering if there is something in the wild that
> does this and is maybe more maintained.
>
> Our Web pages shows you all the vaults and marks them ok or bad based on
> comparing the date vs the latest folder in the vault. It's VERY hacky.

I don't know of any such addon.

I use
image-temp: latest
in the master.conf so that the latest image directory is always called
"latest", which makes it very easy to check. (That gets renamed to the
normal naming scheme when a new image is made.)

Your webpage should look into the summary file of the latest image, and
see if the Status is "success". The date is also conveniently written
into the summary file so you can check whether it's recent enough.

Paul