[Dirvish] Icinga/Nagios MonitoringPlugin for dirvish-backup

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Tue Jun 28 12:00:05 UTC 2016

On Tue 28 Jun 2016, Björn Lässig wrote:

> after using dirvish now for years, i finally wrote a plugin for
> icinga/nagios.
>
> If you are interested:
>
> https://github.com/pengutronix/monitoring-check-dirvish
>
> It checks, that the latest Backup is valid and at most $timeInSeconds
> old.

Nice, I'll look into this.

However I'm a big fan of mounting the backup media only when actually
making the backup, so this plugin won't be able to check when the
filesystem isn't mounted, I guess (haven't looked yet). Maybe it could
be modified to check just before umounting and then write some status
somewhere with a timestamp that could be checked... I may look into this
at some point.

Paul