[Dirvish] lremovexattr(...) failed: Permission denied (13)

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Tue Sep 1 17:16:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 12:50:11 -0400, in message
CAAC=RXXXxGi2eqpQmvGfumKP5yCi7XkwP=0BdUD85bmfpngojQ at mail.gmail.com,
Jason Boxman wrote:

> So I'm getting a hundred of these. Has anyone encountered this?
>
> It's a local backup of a Fedora 20 system to an external disk. It only
> affects /boot/grub2/fonts and /sys so far, so I'm tempted to add an
> ignore and move on.
>
> Thanks.
>
> *** Execution cycle 4 ***
>
> rsync: rsync_xal_set: lremovexattr(""/snapshot/current/
> quorra.srq.int.edseek.com/20150901-1205/tree/boot/grub2/fonts"","security.selinux")
> failed: Permission denied (13)
> rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous
> errors) (code 23) at main.c(1637) [generator=3.1.0]

I can't tell you what's going on with the /boot/grub2/fonts directory;
I've never seen that error message before.  However, I will point out
the /sys is a dummy filesystem, like tmpfs.  There is no need to back
it up, anymore than /tmp.

--Dale

--
Yet creeds mean very little, Coth answered the dark god, still speaking
almost gently.  The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all