[Dirvish] Filesystems for big partitions

Isaac W Traxler traxler at lsu.edu
Fri Oct 9 15:26:26 UTC 2015

I create a separate file system (on the dirvish server) for every vault
(vaults for the smae machine are mounted under the machine name). This
works pretty good and keeps my file systems relatively small (other than
some mysql backups).

To deal with all of this, we have a yaml file that defines all config
stuff for dirvish and the run a python configure script that "magically"
updates:

- bank
- vault
- mount points
- fstab
- creates logical volumes
- mounts them
- prints out dirvish init command

(each item prompts the user before doing it)

Here is a link to the setup I use and the tools we have developed:
http://lsulbbl.lsu.edu/xymon/

Feel free to take advantage of these.

--
Isaac Traxler