[Dirvish] Filesystems for big partitions

Andreas Nitsche andi at sixhop.net
Thu Oct 8 07:31:05 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

maybe you want to think about having more banks with smaller partitions
in case of a filesystem check or even a resize. I'm still using ext4 for
my backup filesystem because I didn't knew it better when I setup the
machine. I resized the partition from 4 to 6 TB for which I first need a
filesystem check which needs to have 4 GB additional RAM and it took
about 3 ours to check the partition. After that the resize took again 4
ours. Maybe that's not needed with XFS or ZFS, but think about it before
you need to do it is everytime a good idea. :)

kind regards,
Andi