[Dirvish] Subsequently expanding the tree?

Vortex vortex at versanet.de
Fri May 1 15:31:22 UTC 2015

Greetings,

how can I change the tree in the default.conf for future backups so that
dirvish still recognizes the existing files for hardlinks?

Say, I have images for /home/user an now I want to save the whole /home.

I tried to change the tree in default.conf from /home/user to /home and
moved the contents of the last good image in /bank/vault/tree to
/bank/vault/tree/home to match the new tree path. But dirvish didn't
recognized the data in /home/user to be the same in
/bank/vault/tree/home/user and copied all data anew.

I don't want to lose the hardlinks for the already backed up data.

Of course, I could just make another tree for /home *except* /home/user
but I want to keep the whole directory structure as it is in the original.

I hope I made myself understandable. ;)

Cheers

Vortex

--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic