[Dirvish] New Backup Drive Case and Dirvish Cannot Find Old Defaults

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 22 21:51:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Running something like `grep -i status $DIRVISH_BANK/salmo*/*/summary`
> should make it pretty clear what's happening.  If you're happy with the
> status (or otherwise) of that image, you can always just change the status
> entry to "success", and it will then expire as expected.

Michael, et al.:

   Running grep on the bank now shows only one non-success:

client: salmo
tree: /var
rsh: ssh
Server: salmo
Bank: /media/hd0
vault: salmo-var
branch: default
Image: 20121018-2200
Reference: 20121017-2200
Image-now: 2012-10-18 22:00:00
Expire: +1 month == 2012-11-18 22:00:00
Expire-rule: *  *       *       *       1-6     +1 month
exclude:
         /proc
         /etc/mtab
         .kde/share/cache/*
         .mozilla/firefox/*.default/Cache/*
         /usr/src/**/*.o
         *~
         *.bak
         lost+found/
SET permissions devices numeric-ids stats xdev
UNSET checksum init sparse whole-file zxfer

ACTION: rsync -vrltH --delete -pgo --stats -D --numeric-ids -x
--exclude-from=/media/hd0/salmo-var/20121018-2200/exclude
--link-dest=/media/hd0/salmo-var/20121017-2200/tree /var/
/media/hd0/salmo-var/20121018-2200/tree
Backup-begin: 2012-10-19 00:42:00
post-server failed (1)
Backup-complete: 2012-10-19 00:42:09

   I'm not seeing which file vanished nor where to change the status to
'success' so these errors don't repeat.

   I do remove files so what was present yesteday may not be present today.

Thanks,

Rich