[Dirvish] 1.3.2-r657 warnings

James Stanley james at incoherency.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 18:56:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:04:45 +0200
Papp Tamas <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:

> On 10/15/2012 11:41 AM, James Stanley wrote:
> > One can infer from this that the line should read:
> >    if ( $A{dir} !~ /^:/ )
> > "!=" is numeric inequality comparison, "/^:/" is a regex, and "!~"
> > is regex non-match comparison.
>
> Indeed, you're right.
>
> Now there is already one message:
>
> Use of uninitialized value $A{"shell"} in string at
> /usr/lib/perl5/Dirvish.pm line 484.

Line 484 reads:
			( "$A{shell}" || "/bin/sh -c" ),
Change this to:
			( $A{shell} || "/bin/sh -c" ),

There is another instance of the same on line 492. Change those and it
should be silent. Untested, YMMV, etc.

Note: my debugging here is based entirely on reading the code, I've
literally not tested it. The problem is that undefined string
interpolation in strict mode causes a warning. The warning isn't
actually a problem and dirvish should work fine without you changing the
above (conversely, if it doesn't currently work fine, it won't after
you do the above).

Good luck :)

James Stanley