[Dirvish] 1.3.2-r657 warnings

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 09:05:02 UTC 2012

Papp Tamas wrote:
> I'm testing 1.3.2-r657-1 on Ubuntu 12.04.

Where did you get it? According to my Ubuntu 12.04, there is only
1.2.1-1.1 (precise) available and that corresponds to the production
version on dirvish.org. On dirvish.org I also see an experimental
release 1.3.1.

> There was some warning, but after I set 'ionice: 0' they gone.
>
> $ dirvish --vault access
> Use of uninitialized value $_ in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/Dirvish.pm line 482.
> Argument "/data/backup/access/2012-10-14--16-34/tree" isn't numeric in
> numeric ne (!=) at /usr/lib/perl5/Dirvish.pm line 482.
> Use of uninitialized value $A{"shell"} in string at
> /usr/lib/perl5/Dirvish.pm line 491.

Since you are not using the normal version of dirvish, you will need to
tell us what code is present at that line, or wait for somebody who has
the same version. You should also post your config files - both the
failing and working ones.

> ps.: Is developement of dirvish completely stopped? It works quite well
> for me, but I saw a couple of very nice and promising improvements, like
> cow option (btrfs support), or it would be nice if there is a config
> option to limit maximum execution time. I would do it by myself,
> unfortunately I don't speak perl:(

If you do not understand perl, I recommend that you not try to use
experimental versions, but instead install and use the production
version from the standard repositories.

Cheers, Dave