[Dirvish] Filesystem full

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Fri Jan 6 14:07:59 UTC 2012

On Fri 06 Jan 2012, Dave Howorth wrote:
> Andre Loss wrote:
> > Is dirvish writing some tmp-files in other directories then the
> > backup-directorie? In this case it could be, that an other partition on my
> > QEMU-System is to small.
> >
> > Do you have any other ideas?
>
> Try the rsync option
>  -T, --temp-dir=DIR          create temporary files in directory DIR

That will simply tell rsync not to create the temp files in the same
directory as the file will eventually exist, so I can't imagine this
will help.

Andre: note that possibly the file that caused the out of space
will be deleted afterwards, so that although it appears there's enough
space, perhaps there isn't...   Check the rsync error log in the image
directory.

Paul