[Dirvish] Newly added directory isn't backed up

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Thu May 26 06:39:37 UTC 2011

Am 25.05.2011 12:56, schrieb Paul Slootman:
> On Wed 25 May 2011, Dave Howorth wrote:
>>
>> But I'm not following exactly what you've done here. It sounds like you
>> have misconfigured something, or if you've created a new vault then
>> you've forgotten to create the initial image. But without seeing what
>> your actual configuration is, it's very difficult to spot any mistakes
>> in it! So please give more detail.
>
> Especially please add all the relevant config files.
>
> Paul

Alright, this might shed some light on it. Here is /etc/dirvish/master.conf:

bank:
     /mnt/backups

image-default: %Y%m%d-%H%M

log:    gzip
index:  gzip
xdev:   1

exclude:
     lost+found/

expire-default: +6 days

Runall:
     backup-backup
     backup-home
     backup-klein
     backup-opt
     backup-root
     backup-usr
     backup-var

backup-backup is new (as described in my answer to Dave) and I hope it
will run now.

This is on the backup media in backup-root/dirvish/default.conf:

client: server03

tree: /

exclude:
   alteHomes/
   media/*

As you can see, I do not explicitly exclude /backup (as I do not exclude
/dev and so on), but dirvish only makes an empty directory for them. It
does, however, backup /bin /boot /etc. But it leaves out those
directories for which there is a backup defined in master.conf (at least
this is my impression, maybe it's just because it would leave those out
anyway?).

Rolf