[Dirvish] Newly added directory isn't backed up

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 25 10:01:21 UTC 2011

Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> But dirvish never followed the symlink /foo/backup to the new /backup
> directory (I think that is ok, I simply forgot).

OK, I think I understood everything up until here, and this is expected
behaviour as I think you understand.

> But in my dirvish backup, I have considered the directories directly
> deviating from root by making a "backup-root" directory on the discs and
> excluding those which are nonsense. So yesterday I expected, after
> having made a directory "backup-backup" for /backup on the backup medium
> and putting the dirvish conf file into it that dirvish would consider
> /backup last night, but it didn't.

But I'm not following exactly what you've done here. It sounds like you
have misconfigured something, or if you've created a new vault then
you've forgotten to create the initial image. But without seeing what
your actual configuration is, it's very difficult to spot any mistakes
in it! So please give more detail.

Cheers, Dave