[Dirvish] patch for dirvish, long backups would overlap

Eric Searcy emsearcy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:45:35 UTC 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Loren M. Lang wrote:

> On 1/5/2011 1:15 AM, John Altstadt wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Eric, but I will leave that for someone with better perl-foo skills than me. Perhaps it can be cleaned up for an official patch.
>
> Has this patch been applied in some form yet?  If not, I can take a look at it as I have a decent understanding of file locking.

I don't think it has.  I'll gladly test a version of the above that uses proper atomic locking, and I'd commit it in my 1.2 branch for broader testing/use as well (it has a couple features/patches that have come across the mailing list now that never made it into the not-really-maintained 1.2.x: currently runall concurrency and subdir creation for dynamic folder-based image names).  I'm also keen on adding the don't-delete-lastest good image feature discussed in recent "expiry rules" thread.

> Where's the public access to subversion located?

You can svn checkout http://dirvish.org/svn/ to grab the whole thing.

... or to not grab all the versions, use http://dirvish.org/svn/dirvish_1_2_1/ ( ... or svn/dirvish_1_2_1_ems for my tree ;-) )

Eric