[Dirvish] The FuhHoe post-server script

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Tue Jul 5 15:39:29 UTC 2011

On Sat 02 Jul 2011, shouldbe q931 wrote:

> I did "patch /usr/bin/dirvish d-patch"
> It returned
>   patching file /usr/bin/dirvish
>   Hunk #1 FAILED at 534.
>   1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/bin/dirvish.rej

Well, apparently your file looks different enough that patch didn't
match the lines.

> dirvish.rej contains the below
>
> ***************
> *** 534,547 ****
>
>   printf SUMMARY "%s: %s\n", 'Backup-begin', strftime('%Y-%m-%d
> %H:%M:%S', localtime);
>
> - $env_srctree = $srctree;               #+SIS:
> - $env_srctree =~ s/ /\\ /g;             #+SIS:
> -
>   $WRAPPER_ENV = sprintf (" %s=%s" x 5,
>         'DIRVISH_SERVER', $$Options{Server},
>         'DIRVISH_CLIENT', $$Options{client},

Hmm, your version has spaces before the lines, instead of tabs.
You didn't happen to cut&paste the patch from the screen, instead of
saving the message to a file and editing that?

In any case, it's reasonably trivial to apply the patch by hand.
It's basically undoing the effects of the "SIS" patch: removing
$env_srctree en reverting DIRVISH_SRC to $srctree instead of
$env_srctree.  (The - lines show what lines need to go, and the + lines
show what lines need to be added.)

Paul