[Dirvish] Quick help to sort out my schedual...

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Wed Nov 10 16:59:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 03:22:59PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Wed 10 Nov 2010, Don Gould wrote:
> > Can someone smarter than me just tell me what I need to do to make it:
> >
> > m-s - daily - deleted after 2 weeks
> > expire-default: +15 days
> > sun - keep for 12 months
> #   MIN HR     DOM     MON     DOW      STRFTIME_FMT
>     *   *       *       *       1       +1 year
>
> > First and 15th of each month - just keep it, never del
>
>     *   *       1,15    *       *       +99 years

Since there will only be Sunday backup sets left after two
weeks, this last line will save backups when Sunday falls
on the 1st or 15th of the month. Perhaps you want 1-7,15-22
so that you will capture the 1st and second Sunday no matter
where they fall in the month.

Is it your intent is that this system will actually be in
service for 100 years? Or that it will be moved to newer
hardware as time goes on? I usually make my last line
simply save at least one backup for the year with 'never'
for expiry.