[Dirvish] Backup Drive Failure

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 4 15:27:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Jenny Hopkins wrote:

> Good luck with the replacement.

Jenny,

   This is a local vendor with two stores, and they've always been solid.
When the motherboard video/north bridge chip failed a couple of weeks ago
they sold me a less expensive CPU than I was considering to go with the new
motherboard. The new RAM turned out to have errors detected by memtest86+,
so yesteray at lunch I shut down the server, pulled the two DIMMs, drove to
the store and traded them for a new pair with no hassles whatsoever. The new
memory seems to have resolved the problems I experienced.

   Good local vendors are worth the higher prices we pay because the service
can be outstanding.

Rich