[Dirvish] Trying to get a file adopted by dirvish (but slipped in via sneakernet)

Jedd Rashbrooke jedd.rashbrooke at digitalmail.com
Wed Jun 9 12:24:37 UTC 2010

On 2010-06-09 13:10:11 Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>  I've now had some success, though I had to change the owner
>  back to the right numeric (one box isn't on LDAP unfortunately)
>  owner, after I untar'd . . . but I'm sure I checked uid/gid yesterday.

 I realised this isn't an LDAP issue - it's because I'm sourcing
 my stuff from a cifs mount.  So it's coming in as whatever
 uid/gid the user-level cifs mount sets it as.

 Happily this highlights a problem I would have had when I change
 the config to start using ssh - the uid/gid of every file will
 suddenly change, and it'd force a refresh of about 180GB of data.

 Phew!  ;)

 Jedd.