[Dirvish] Backup size. Problem found but NOT SOLVED

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Thu Jul 29 09:16:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have found the problem (I think). Dirvish make a backup of a remote box of a
directory home. Four days ago there was a problem with a hard disk and the
home directory was unavailable during some time.

During this time dirvish was executed and connected to the remote machine and
make a backup of the home directory. However, that directory was empty.

The next time that dirvish was executed, dirvish found the home directory full
and it compared with the previous backup (that was empty), so make a copy
again thinking that there were new files. This made that I had two copies of
the almost the same information.

So, I understand that dirvish compares with the copy of the previous day, no?
Then, if I delete the empty backups, dirvish will make the copy compared with
the last full backup?

Regards,

Leo