[Dirvish] Backup size

Leopold Palomo Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Wed Jul 28 19:45:56 UTC 2010

A Dimecres 28 Juliol 2010, Keith Lofstrom va escriure:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 09:01:05PM +0200, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > One of my vaults have failed because there's no free space. So, dirvish
> > has failed during two days. I haven't found whats happening because I
> > had free
>
> "df" tells you how many bytes are available in unused sectors.
>
> "df -i" tells you how many inodes are available, when using file
> systems (such as ext2, ext3, etc.) that format partitions with
> a fixed maximum number of inodes.  If you are backing up a lot
> of little files, you may run out of inodes before you run out of
> available sectors.  If this is your problem,  future backup
> partitions should be formatted with extra inodes.
>
> For example, my 1.5TB backup disk is currently at 80% data usage
> and 20% inode usage, but that is because I formatted the backup
> partition with 4x the normal number of inodes.  In the past, I
> have run out of inodes, and at the time there were no available
> tools for efficiently copying data to reformatted partitions.  Sigh.

df -h :
/dev/mapper/DiscDur-srv             398G  392G  2,4G 100% /srv

df -i  :
/dev/mapper/DiscDur-srv	  52969472 7395476 45573996   14% /srv

when I executed the dirvish-crotab script I got 101Gb free. I don't have 101Gb
of new data in this week!!!!

Regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692     PGP: 0xF944807E