[Dirvish] mysteriously missing snapshots

Jason Boxman jasonb at edseek.com
Sun Jul 25 00:04:48 UTC 2010

Been using Dirvish since like 2003 and I've never seen this behavior before.

Apparently at random snapshots for different vaults simply don't exist.  No
directory.  No log.  Nothing in default.hist to indicate it ever actually
happened.  Other backups happen for that run, however.  dirvish-cron is
running every night at the Debian default 10:04 p.m.  (Verified in syslog.)
Most hosts are on the local LAN, so it shouldn't be a connectivity issue.
(Even then I'd have a dated directory with a log... not this time.)

Any thoughts on what to look for?

--

Push Back: I am a citizen, not a "consumer".