[Dirvish] dirvish and an lv snapshot

Jenny Hopkins hopkins.jenny at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:14:18 UTC 2010

On 15 July 2010 00:20, Eric Searcy <emsearcy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Last thought would be to switch to post/pre-server commands for the vault in question (assuming a local dirvish backup from the looks of it? ... otherwise pre/post-client).  Would be "cleaner" if you have other vaults to backup that don't need to be inside the snapshot critical-space. :-)

Hullo there,

The shell script to create and mount an lvm partition before the
dirvish backup runs for this vault is working very well, being called
as a pre-client command from the conf local to that vault.  the
post-client line is trying to execute but failing with not much info,
however:

Post-Client: /usr/local/bin/lvmsnapshot.sh remove scafell
Checking if /mnt/netstore/hobbes_backups/snapshots/scafell is mounted...Yes
Checking availability of Volume '/dev/hobbes/scafell-disk'...
 ...successful

Unmounting LVM snapshot after backup...
Error on unmounting LVM snapshot
Please unmount and remove LVM snapshot manually!

The unmount manually works fine.  I wondered if the command to unmount
the lvm snapshot is grumbling because the mount is still busy - I
would have thought the script would not be called until the rsync to
the mount had finished though.

Has anyone any further thoughts?

Thanks,

Jenny