[Dirvish] lazy posting. was: Dirvish Digest, Vol 68, Issue 2

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 09:42:16 UTC 2010

JPH wrote:
>  Why not use  some of the standard hooks in the dirvish.conf?
>
> *pre-server*
> *pre-client*
> *post-client*
> *post-server*
>
> Check the dirvish docs:
> http://www.dirvish.org/FAQ.html#pre_and_post_configuration_scripts

The dirvish docs at the bottom of every mail, which you even quoted, say:

>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of Dirvish digest..."

It is also good practice to trim quotes to just the relevant material,
especially when you're replying to a digest!  And even more so when
you're just repeating what a previous poster has already suggested.

Cheers, Dave

PS I also dislike top-posting and HTML mail, but I'm aware others have
different opinions. But they are factors that influence how I respond.