[Dirvish] forced commands and disk partitions

Sean Whitney sean.whitney at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 20:08:44 UTC 2010

I have several servers that I want to backup remotely.  It seems that
using the forced-command options limits your ability to back up
different disk partitions.

I have

from="192.168.0.50",command="rsync --server --sender -vlHogDtprxe.iL
--numeric-ids . /",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent,
forwarding,no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding

Added to my authorized keys file.

Running a backup on another partition, say the /var partition will
succeed, however the backup will be of the / (root) partition, because
of the forced-command option.

My question,

Is there a way of making forced-commands allow backups of different
partitions or should I use the xdev option and backup all the partitions
in one pass, and filter out the /proc, /dev .... directories.

Thanks,

Sean