[Dirvish] No Current Dir

Per Marker Mortensen per at markermortensen.dk
Sun Jan 31 11:18:58 UTC 2010

Hi Ali

At Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:36:44 +0300,
Ali Jawad wrote:

> Hi
> I do backup a couple of app servers and a couple of db servers. The
> thing is that I also do backup the latest current folder to another
> server. My problem is that the db server do not have a current folder.
> They backup dir shows the backups for the last few days. But no
> current dir.
>
> Ex "no current folder":

From what I now there is no concept of a "current" folder in
dirvish. I assume you want a way of identifying the newest backup?

You can run something like

ln -s `ls -1d 200?????-???? | sort -nr | head -n 1` newest

in the vault folders and you will get a symbolic link called "newest"
that will point to the newest backup folder.

---
Yours

Per Marker Mortensen <per at markermortensen.dk>