[Dirvish] How to keep monthly backups

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 25 13:53:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Ali Jawad wrote:

> My dirvish keeps backups for the last 14 days. I need it to keep the
> monthly backups as well.

Ali,

   Expire times are expressed in the crontab time format. For example

expire-rule:
#       MIN     HR      DOM     MON     DOW     STRFTIME_FMT
         *       *       *       *       1-7     +14 days
         *       *       *       1-12    *       +1 year

   The above says to keep daily backups for 14 days and monthly backups for a
year. It's placed at the end of /etc/dirvish/master.conf.

   More experienced subscribers will correct me if the above syntax is
incorrect.

Rich