[Dirvish] Understanding the exclude

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Thu Apr 15 08:12:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a very simple dirvish configuration with two boxes making the backup. I
thought that I have understood the config files but I sadly discovered that
no.

I have a vault with a default.conf file with :

client: root at XXXX
tree: /home/users
xdev: 1
whole-file: 1
exclude:
        home/users/home/**
        home/users/ftp-user/**

I thought that the /home/users/home and /home/users/ftp-user where excluded
from the backup, but dirvish make the backup of this directories and I don't
understand why.

Looking on the summary I have found that the command executed was:

ACTION:
rsync -vrltH --delete -W -pgo --stats -D --numeric-ids -x --exclude-from=/srv/backup/users/20100415000500/exclude --link-dest=/srv/backup/users/20100414000500/tree
root at XXXX:/home/users/ /srv/backup/users/20100415000500/tree

but i don't have any exclude file but I don't know if this file is created on
demand or not. Please, could someone clarified what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards,

Leo