[Dirvish] Exclude files but not directories?

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Wed Sep 16 19:22:09 UTC 2009

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.  The only drawback to our existing
dirvish setup is that there are several cases where we have directories
excluded from the backup.  However, when we have to restore from an
image this can leave a required directory structure under the excluded
directories missing.  Is there a way to tell dirvish/rsync to keep all
of the directories under /var/log (for example) sync but not the files
contained inside them?

TIA.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way