[Dirvish] gvfs file can't be read

Jenny Hopkins hopkins.jenny at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:56:07 UTC 2009

Hullo Dirvish,

I've got a backup of an ubuntu system running gnome desktop
environment that won't complete the cycle, do a chmod and write to the
history file because of one file:

rsync: readlink_stat("/home/laurie/.gvfs") failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at
main.c(1524) [generator=3.0.3]

I've tried excluding this file from the backup with
exclude:
    /home/laurie/.gvfs/

but this is being ignored.
The file itself is some weird gnome virtual file system directory,
permissions of
dr-x------   2 laurie laurie       0 2009-10-07 17:02 .gvfs

I'm not sure what this directory is for, and finding out is obviously
for a different mailing list that this one, however I can't understand
why it is not being excluded when I specifically asked it to.  Any
ideas?

Regarding my previous mail of full disk usage and duplicate backed up
files - I finally gritted my teeth and deleted images from 30 Aug 09
and before, and the disk usage shot back down to what it used to be.
Thankyou!

Jenny