[Dirvish] Obvious question: no longer backing up a server

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Tue Oct 6 21:26:46 UTC 2009

On Tue 06 Oct 2009, Kelsey Cummings wrote:

> I modified dirvish to check for a couple of flag files 'skip' and
> 'keeplast' in the vault's config dir to skip running backups (useful if
> the host is expected to be offline for a while) and 'keeplast' which
> instructs expire to keep the last good image without complaint.

That sounds pretty useful, do you have it in patch format?
It might be appropriate to add it to the "official" version.
I could use this myself, although I'd like to extend the "keeplast"
to be able to give a time to keep it (I usually expire the last backup
from obsolete systems 6-12 months after creation).

Paul