[Dirvish] Too much disk space for images

Jenny Hopkins hopkins.jenny at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:41:17 UTC 2009

2009/10/1 Przemek Klosowski <przemek.klosowski at gmail.com>:

> Total 75.4 GB, which is what you reported. Something must have
> happened on Aug 30 that caused Dirvish to back up a lot of data.
> Maybe look at  ls -liR 20090830, and look for files that have a small
> link count in the third column---those are the unique copies that
> contribute to the size of this directory

Fantastic, thanks.  Can I just confirm the 'third column', as I
commenced a huge amount of trawling but am not sure which you mean:
eg
27093038 -rw-r--r-- 25 root   root    15064 2008-01-03 15:34 a2ps.cfg

Is the link count here 25?

If so, does this mean that 25 links to this file exist?

Thanks,

Jenny