[Dirvish] Obvious question: no longer backing up a server

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Thu Oct 1 16:13:05 UTC 2009

On Thu 01 Oct 2009, Marc Davis wrote:

> I'm eliminating a server.  To stop the dirvish backup, I simply make the appropriate changes to the master.conf file, eliminating the bank declaration and reference in the runall section.

After a while you'll get messages from dirvish-expire that the last
image can't be removed.

Either choose to delete the images by hand, or to preserve it for longer
by either moving them outside the bank, or by editing the summary file
to set the expiry date further in the future. I usually to the latter,
moving the date on 6 months or so, and after that time finally remove
them by hand after all.

Paul