[Dirvish] Too much disk space for images

Jenny Hopkins hopkins.jenny at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:20:10 UTC 2009

2009/10/1 Przemek Klosowski <przemek.klosowski at gmail.com>:
>> Surely, though, the du will tell me the size of image but not what
>> nodes were used?  So each size will be about 30G but half of them
>> could be on different nodes?
>

> What do you mean by 'nodes'? is your vault spread over multiple computers or
> remote filesystems, which you call 'nodes'?

Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick here.  I thought that the
reason that one see the entire tree in every single image but files
the same actually only exist once, is because they share 'nodes' in
the filesystem.

I've taken both pieces of advice offered, and this is what i see.
jenny at xios:/home/dirvish/xios$ sudo du -s *

31735384        20090705
291712  20090712
1856888 20090719
454576  20090726
1504328 20090802
572408  20090809
692800  20090816
1219692 20090823
19094020        20090830
1512984 20090906
1965588 20090913
1912848 20090916
1847256 20090917
1887752 20090918
1895404 20090919
2088232 20090920
2098144 20090921
1917584 20090922
1926892 20090923

since the image for 20090830 is noticably higher than the preceding
directory, I looked at that log file, but it says only 128023 bytes
were transferred - most of the logs for the vault saying similar.

I'm still just as puzzled.

Thanks,

Jenny