[Dirvish] performance issues with dirvish

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Tue Mar 3 11:37:27 UTC 2009

On Mon 02 Mar 2009, Frederik Braun wrote:

> I found out that running dirvish(rsync) on my NAS will exceed
> limits(especially available memory). An option would be inverting the
> common process: Running dirvish on my workstation and thus *pushing* the
> files to the vault.

I doubt that will make much difference in resource usage by rsync...
And dirvish itself should not use much memory either, so even if you
succeeded in turning it around, I don't think it would help your
immediate problem.

You could test this of course by running rsync manually, pushing to
the NAS.

Paul