[Dirvish] Using rsync 3x with dirvish

JW jw at mailsw.com
Sun Jul 12 19:51:05 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have recently realized that my dirvish instances are spending most of their
daily run time building the in-memory list that determines what files need to
be transferred - and very little time transferring files.

All of my servers are running 2.6.x version of rsync. I understand that the
3.x version of rsync is faster at building the cached list.

* Does rsync 3.x work ok with dirvish
* Does anyone have any stats on how much of a performance gain dirvish will
get with rsync 3x as opposed to 2.6.x
* What happens when you run rsync 3x on the server and rsync 2.6.x on the
client?

Thanks,

	JW