[Dirvish] performance issues with dirvish

Frederik Braun Frederik.Braun at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 18 19:45:35 UTC 2009

Thanks a lot for all of your answers, so far.
I already tried the suggested NFS mount parameters and some of them
don't work. I assume it's due to the outdated server version on my NAS
(an Allnet ALL6200 with custom firmware), so I'm either going to look
for a newer version for the nfs or maybe try to install a dropbear
ssh-server, if that improves the speed.
But it turned out, I don't have the time to try out all of your ideas
right now, so I might be writing coming back for you ;)

Thanks again,
Frederik

P.S.: good idea btw to switch on a more performant cipher, since it's
all in my home network anyway.