[Dirvish] cannot open config file: default.conf

Colin Ingram synergicolin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 01:57:15 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I know this must be something silly.  I'm trying to initiate some new
vaults on this system and keep getting the error cannot open config
file: default.conf.  I'm backing up local date to local harddrives I
can't seem to figure out why I dirvish can't read the config file.
Heres some info:

permissions on all files are 644, permissions on all directories are 744

Stymie:/home/colin# dirvish --version
dirvish version 1.2

Stymie:/home/colin# cat /etc/dirvish/master.conf
index: bzip2
log: bzip2
xdev: 1
image-perm 0700
meta-perm 0600
bank:
        /backup/Stymie
        /backup/Fileserver/
exclude:
        lost+found/
        temp
        Temp
        tmp
        Trash
        cache
        Cache
Runall:
        stymie-home     22:00
        stymie-root     22:00
        stymie-usr      22:00
        stymie-var      22:00
        fs-files        22:00
        fs-svn          22:00
        fs-music        22:00
        fs-pics         22:00
        fs-programs     22:00
expire-default: +14 days
expire-rule:
#       MIN HR  DOM MON DOW      EXPIRE
        *   *   *   *   1        +1 months
        *   *   1-7 *   1        +6 months
        *   *   1-7 1,7 5
#       *   *   *   *   1-5,6,7  +14 days

Stymie:/home/colin# cat /backup/Stymie/stymie-home/dirvish/default.conf
client: Stymie
tree: /home
image-default: stymie-home-%Y%m%d

Stymie:/home/colin# dirvish --vault /backup/Stymie/stymie-home --init
cannot open config file: default.conf

Can someone point out my error here.  Thanks