[Dirvish] Seeding vault

Roberto Mello roberto.mello at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:44:09 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:

> If you are not starting with a dirvish image, you will have to get
> more creative, perhaps by faking the image metadata using a text editor,
> based on an existing example.  The files are not too complicated.
> If you figure that out, let us know.

Yeah, I'm not starting from a dirvish image. I don't know what the
numbers mean in the first field of the summary file and I haven't gone
through the code yet. Seems like that would be a useful functionality
to have, maybe through a --seed <source dir> option or something
similar.

My Perl is very primitive so I'm not sure I'll be able to come up with
it but maybe it's simple enough.

Thanks,

-Roberto