[Dirvish] Symlinks consume disk space in each snapshot

Dirk Wessner wessner at iuw.h-da.de
Mon Oct 30 07:22:51 PST 2006

Hello list,

I notice that if symlinks are backed up, they are obviously
not hard-linked between the snapshots, but consume their own
inode in each snapshot. The link count is "1" every time.

For me this is somewhat annoying, because in the dirs I try to
back up I got many symlinks. Although a symlinks does not take
too much disk space, these many together, multiplied with the
number of snapshots, consume some space.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this working as it should?
Sorry if this is some stupid question...

Thanks in advance!

Dirk