[Dirvish] client: $localhostname causes SSH key prompt

Richard Geoffrion dirvish at rain4us.net
Wed Oct 25 16:09:07 PDT 2006

I'm trying to init a vault and everytime I try I get the message...

 "The authenticity of host 'bob (192.168.1.1)' can't be established.
 RSA key fingerprint is bl:ah:bl:ah
 Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?"

the first three lines of the vault's default.conf are:
    client: bob
    tree: /home/users
    xdev: true

Why is the system trying to make an ssh connection as if going to
another host?  I've tried 'localhost' with the same results.

OH!!  hmm...

The FQHN 'bob.local.lan' works but just plain bob doesn't.   I'm sure
there is a *nix admin 101 lesson here but I'm not sure I know what it is.

(oh yeah..and this box is a mac.  (osx 10.4.7))

--
Richard