[Dirvish] Exclude backup from dirvish-expire

Leo Baltus Leo.Baltus at tech.omroep.nl
Tue Oct 17 02:56:57 PDT 2006

Op 16/10/2006 om 08:51:37 -0600, schreef hanj:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:59:02 +0200
> Leo Baltus <Leo.Baltus at tech.omroep.nl> wrote:
>
> > We normally move these vaults to a location outside of
> > dirvish's scope
> >
> > i.e. with vault1 in /bank1/dirvish/vault1 we create a directory
> > /bank1/dirvish.attic on the same filesystem as where vault1 is on.
> > Then if we want dirvish to stay away from these image we do:
> >
> >         mv /bank1/dirvish/vault1 /bank1/dirvish.attic/vault1
> >
> > If perfomed on the same filesystem this is an atomic operation which
> > takes only a split second.
> >
> > HTH
> >

> Hello Leo
>
> That is what I'd like to do, but unfortunately, the drive with the
> space is all allocated to the dirvish bank, so I can't move it out of
> here due to space limitations.
>
> For example our dirvish bank is /backups with is a 250GB SCSI drive,
> and all of the images are within /backups/*.

This will not use any space at all. Well OK, one inode.

Maybe I have to clarify:
master.conf:
bank:
        /bank1/dirvish

If mountpoint is /bank1 then /bank1/dirvish.attic is at the same
filesystem as /bank1/dirvish.

if you did not make a subdirectory after the mountpoint then create one
and adjust master.conf accordingly and mv your vaults in the newly made
subdirectory. Dirvish wouldn't mind as long as you don't touch the
vaultnames.

--
Leo Baltus | Internetbeheerder
Publieke Omroep | beheer at omroep.nl