[Dirvish] Exclude backup from dirvish-expire

hanj mailing at astarna.com
Mon Oct 16 07:51:37 PDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:59:02 +0200
Leo Baltus <Leo.Baltus at tech.omroep.nl> wrote:

> We normally move these vaults to a location outside of dirvish's scope
>
> i.e. with vault1 in /bank1/dirvish/vault1 we create a directory
> /bank1/dirvish.attic on the same filesystem as where vault1 is on.
> Then if we want dirvish to stay away from these image we do:
>
>         mv /bank1/dirvish/vault1 /bank1/dirvish.attic/vault1
>
> If perfomed on the same filesystem this is an atomic operation which takes
> only a split second.
>
> HTH

Hello Leo

That is what I'd like to do, but unfortunately, the drive with the space is all allocated to the dirvish bank, so I can't move it out of here due to space limitations.

For example our dirvish bank is /backups with is a 250GB SCSI drive, and all of the images are within /backups/*.

Thanks for the reply.
hanj