[Dirvish] Exclude backup from dirvish-expire

Leo Baltus Leo.Baltus at tech.omroep.nl
Mon Oct 16 06:59:02 PDT 2006

Op 13/10/2006 om 12:06:00 -0600, schreef hanj:
> I currently have a backup set (5+ weeks) of two server images. I'm no
> longer backing them up, so I removed these two from runall. But I want
> to keep the current backups in the bank, but not have them removed
> when expire is run. Is there a way to exclude a vault when dirvish-
> expire is called? I have 8 other vaults that I do not want to change
> the behaviour.

We normally move these vaults to a location outside of dirvish's scope

i.e. with vault1 in /bank1/dirvish/vault1 we create a directory
/bank1/dirvish.attic on the same filesystem as where vault1 is on.
Then if we want dirvish to stay away from these image we do:

        mv /bank1/dirvish/vault1 /bank1/dirvish.attic/vault1

If perfomed on the same filesystem this is an atomic operation which takes
only a split second.

HTH

--
Leo Baltus | Internetbeheerder