[Dirvish] can one use regex in dirvish.conf includes/excludes ?

Richard Geoffrion dirvish at rain4us.net
Fri Oct 13 15:24:11 PDT 2006

I have a data directory that is now home to lotsa-junk[tm].  notjunk
directories include all directories that start with 5 numbers.  This
means that I need to exclude anything that DOESN'T start with 5 numbers.

I've been through the man pages and they DO talk about patterns, but
each in/ex-clude line can take only ONE pattern each.  The patterns that
I see don't seem regex-ish.  There are the --include-from and
--exclude-from options... hmm.. I guess the best way seems to be a
pre-server option to generate a file-include file that would contain the
directory names of those directories that commence with numeric
characters..  Well I haven't been able to get a regex working with find!

So far the following options don't work..

find . -regex ^[\d]{5}.+ -maxdepth 1
find . -regex '^[\d]{5}.+' -maxdepth 1
find . -regex './[\d]{5}.+' -maxdepth 1
find . -regex '^\.\/[\d].*' -maxdepth 1
find . -regex '^\.\/[\d].+' -maxdepth 1

Does anyone else build an exclude list with regedit?

--
Richard